Friday, February 18, 2011

Quick and easy meal 1

The title says it all:) Having to cook my own meals for almost a month despite my study schedule, I'm beginning to appreciate all the easy meal recipes taught by my dad. With study and social obligations to attend to, I still need to have my usual balanced meals (stay healthy ma).

Mushroom and chicken gravy noodles (no specific name so bear with me:P)

Preparation time: 10 minutes (marinate chicken day before)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Difficulty level: 1/5

The quantities for this recipe is modifiable so I didnt bother to measurexD

Fry finely chopped garlic with oil until lightly brown~

Add sliced Chinese mushrooms and a tbsp of oyster sauce. Fry for 5 minutes~

Add marinated chicken (marinated with soy sauce, pepper and sugar the day before) and fry until chicken is well cooked~

Add about 3 bowls of water and let it simmer until it boils. Add about 3 more tbsp of oyster sauce and still until its consistent. When it's boiled, add cornstarch and allow to simmer for additional 2 minutes~

While the gravy boils, prepare your noodles and vegetables (bok choy, broccoli etc)

Tadaaaa!!! How easy was that?:) The best part is that you can prepare more gravy and cook it whenever you're busy with studies.

On a side note, instant noodles are quick and easy too but not really nutritious=x

Cleaned crabs~

Grilling~

Grilled..easy and quick as wellxD

The following are some pictures of the blueberry cheesecake I made on sunday:)

I wanna get more different shaped baking moulds hehe~

Take 2~

2 layer cheesecake~top layer is pure lemon flavour while the bottom is blueberry:)

The sold beagle:(

Hopefully I am able to bake more stuff the coming week as well as have more photoshoot sessions. Dislike tests *sigh*

No comments: