Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Macaroon tower

I've always wanted to try making macaroons and I finally did after a much rested weekend of more than 9 hours of sleep each night. It does feel awesome to wake up whenever I feel like getting up. I snoozed my alarm until an hour later and yet, I'm not too botheredx)

After comparing some macaroon recipes, I've decided to attempt almoustbordain.com's macaroon recipe which turned out pretty well considering that I've never baked macaroons before. No top crackings visible and it isn't too sweet:)

Almond meal + icing sugar mixture~

Whisking the egg whites and sugar isn't a walk in the park~ just remember to not give up despite not seeing any improvements. Persistence pays!

The after baking process~ Lesson 1#: invest in better quality food colourings if you want to have nicer coloured macaroons. Mine was supposed to be pink but turned out brownO.o

The pre-baked versions~ Lesson 2#: ALWAYS use a proper piping bag unless if you know a better alternative. I tried being cheap by using a plastic piping bag which popped open and had caused some macaroon wastage *sobs*

Baking in progress~ I recommend watching them every now and then just to make sure they turn out well (yes, I watch my food like a hawk unless I am 100% confident).

Cubed, shaved and layered milk chocolate for the ganache~ I played around with the knife which cutting the chocolate block into tiny pieces:p

The finished product!!! I'm sooooo happy that everything turned out well and am looking forward to attempting this again (except with better food dyes and probably different fillings hehe)

Anyone wanna come over and have some?:P

No comments: