Friday, February 3, 2012

Macarons!

If you have been reading my blog, you would be aware of my macaron craze (not only because they look gorgeous but also because they taste awesome!). My macaron attempts can be viewed from my early 2011 archives but 2/3 doesn't turn out that great:(

I've tried the macarons from Hong Kong Grocery in Chinatown. Not too bad but I would prefer it to be more moist:)

This time, I have used a recipe from Almost Bourdain and I am very pleased with the recipe she had so kindly provided:)


Omelette for lunch. If I can't be in Paris making macarons, I can still dream, right?:)

Lemon flavoured macarons to be!



Coffee macarons~ I have used a different recipe and I probably failed at getting the right egg white whisking consistencyT_T

No fillings in the macarons as they are to be transported under harsh, burning hot Adelaide weather. My filling basically consisted of butter, egg yolks, milk, sugar, grated lemon pieces, lemon juice. It is easy to obtain a good filling recipe but if you would like to individualize it, best to taste it before adding sugar or any other ingredients:)

No comments: