Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sfera's 1877

"Where are we going? Where are we going?" I jumped in the car, desperate to know our whereabouts. Silence was the answer. After passing a few familiar landmarks, I laid my eyes on this restaurant standing beside a function room. The exterior was beautifully decorated with a string of miniature light bulbs which reminded me of twilight-ish moments.


How I disguise myself from being spotted as a food photographer / fresh-out from the jungle tourist.



Focaccia all olio~ char-grilled garlic bread served with olives. Finger licking butter-y goodness. I can feel my waist line expanding.

House bread~ fresh out of the oven, it was still piping hot but I couldn't resist myself from sampling a small piece. I love the smell and taste of bread. This piece filled my criteria and I secretly craved for more.

Linguine con granchio~ pasta with crab meat, tomato, basil and a dash of chilli. Good pasta dishes do not usually have expensive ingredients in it but a small addition of seafood can change the dish's dimensions for the better. Only downside (for me that is) is that we needed to carefully peel the crab to reach for its juicy bits.

Risotto pescatore~ risotto of tiger prawns, scallops, calamari, cockles and mussels. Everything in this dish is freshly made, no doubts about that. A really light dish, which left me room for desserts.


Oven roasted potatoes~

The tasting platter consisted of profiteroles gelato, passionfruit panna cotta and an almond and fig chocolate pudding. Delicious profiteroles (which I now need to know how to bake!!).

I didn't get to eat much of this, thanks to *ahem* someone but I know that the sour passionfruit taste matched well with the less vibrant tasting panna cotta. Simplicity at it's best.


The pudding~ too small to fully taste everything:(

Creme brulee d'altri tempe~ bailey infused brulee served with biscotti. Perfect sugar glass on the top and silky smooth brulee. Utterly sinful but I loved every bit of it. A must have, in my opinion.

Sfera's 1877 on Urbanspoon

No comments: