Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Osteria de Mesa

I have been wanting to go here for a really really long time and am now finally glad to say that I have! And I'm not disappointed too!:D Although the place was abit noisy for my liking (lots of other patrons around), service was good and food was delicious!

Some nicely baked bread to start us off~

Roasted potatoes~

Pasta with rabbit meat $22.90 ~ ok, I have clearly forgotten the name of this dish and I can't download the pdf menu so here's my best interpretation of the dish. Portion wise, it was filling enough to feed two petite guests. Generous amounts of rabbit meat is incorporated into this herb-scented sauce. A good choice if you are looking for some lean protein options;)

Tropicana pizza, $16.90~ I tasted this after I had a slice of duck pizza (I would highly recommend the duck pizza..really really delicious, well seasoned and well cooked). Good flavours but I was expecting a bit more:) The pizza behind this one is a funghi pizza with generous dollops of cheese, mushrooms and truffle oil. Super tasty as well:)

Seafood pasta $26.90~ this pasta had the most seafood in it, ranging from crab meat to squid to prawns! Really light tomato-based sauce which goes harmoniously well with the seafood flavours:)

Tiramisu, $9.50 ~ I'm surprised that I can remember most of the desserts names. I had to have a takeaway for this one as I was too filled up at that time and I just had to have this for old memory's sake. Strong caffeine taste, generous amounts of cream cheese incorporated, nicely soaked cake/biscuit layers. So so good:)

Overall, pizzas are a must have the next time I visit and if possible, I might try to squeeze in some risotto and  perhaps gnocchi? Who knows ;)

Osteria de Mesa on Urbanspoon

No comments: