Friday, July 13, 2012

Honey lemon cake

I am dying to get my hands into some butter and flour for what seemed forever but alas, managed to as a reward for an extremely exhaustive week! Assignments are out of the picture for now yippeeee^^

I've obtained this recipe from Nasi Lemak Lover but have made some modifications to the quantities used for the lemon syrup:)

Recipe:
250g butter
200g sugar
2 lemon, grated and juiced
4 large eggs
 280g self-raising flour
4tbsp milk

For the lemon syrup, I've used:
5 tbsp of sugar
1 tbsp of honey
2 lemons, grated and juiced
 4 tbsp water

Grating in progress~

The end product:)

Lemons!!


Honey lemon syrup. Basically mix everything together over a low flame until dissolved and slightly thickened. Leave to cool before slowing spooning over cake:)

My square pan is a bit dodgy at this stage so I had to use baking paper to hold everything together and hence, the somewhat artistic frills at the edges
.
I've used a temperature of 150C until its cooked through but it really depends on which temperature you are most comfortable with:)




Glazing the top with a bit of sugar adds moisture to the cake and it gives a really nice citrus-ish sweetness to it. Really simple and delicious :9

No comments: