Saturday, June 29, 2013

Falafel recipe

Being the adventurous foodie that I am, I could not resist attempting to make falafel after my sister brought some home from work. I love the strong spice flavour that I get with each bite from this crumbly, yet soft texture of the falafel patty. Having searched high and low on the internet for a decent recipe, I proceed to make it. Did not turn out as nice as the ones that my sister's colleague made so perhaps you may see round two on this blog?:)

Ingredients:
1 can of chickpeas
3 tbsp parsley
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
2 red chillies
1 tsp coriander powder
1.5 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp plain flour

Basically just needed to blitz everything in the food processor and shape into patties. Best cooked via deep-frying or if you are on a strict diet, pan fry?

May have to reattempt this recipe using fresh chickpeas that should be soaked overnight to soften them and maybe adding a squirt of lemon juice for an extra zap of acidity? Overall, it was good but not great.

Serve with greek yoghurt!!






No comments: