Sunday, September 22, 2013

French apple cake recipe

I am obsessed with using fruits in my desserts as makes me feel healthy whilst being sinful at the same time. But of course, I still do fell the guilt pinch after downing a few slices, much to my dismay. On the bright side, I think this recipe from DavidLebovitz (a very reliable recipe source, I reckon!) is a winner but I do recommend cutting down from 4 large apples to 3 medium sized ones. Mine was overflowing with apples and was not well coated with the cake batter.

Ingredients:
110 flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3 medium sized apples
2 eggs,
150g sugar
3 tbsp vanilla extract
115g butter, melted

Beat eggs until foamy then whisk in sugar, followed by the vanilla extract. David recommends using rum, which I did not have, but found the vanilla essence just as good:)

Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture then slowly incorporate in the melted butter. Fold in the remaining flour mixture and add in the already diced apple pieces.

Bake at 150C until done (inserted skewer comes out clean).

I like sweet treats with apples in them:)

Tempting golden brown cake colour achieved. Yessssss!!

As you can see, there is more apple pieces compared to cake bits in the cake (which I did not mind of course) but it made the cake a tad fiddly to slice and serve. Not very pretty but it is quite yummy:)



No comments: