Friday, November 29, 2013

Christmas rocky road recipe

I have planned a list of christmas inspired treats to prepare for the upcoming festival and cannot wait to share it with you guys! I have scouted high and low over the past few weeks and I am pretty happy with the miniature list that I have beside me. It's going to be the 12 days of Christmas gifts that is perfect as a festive present or something to whip up for unexpected guests!

First up would be this super easy rocky road recipe that is only restricted by your imagination. Have a play around with available ingredients, be it gourmet or classic styles and you will be surprised with the end results. I have brought this to work and everyone loved them so I hope you will enjoy them too!

Ingredients:
500g dark chocolate
1 cup marshmallows
3 bars of Fry's turkish delight, cut into bite sized pieces
A handful of Charlesworth's fruit mix
250g maltesers
A handful of chopped pistachios

Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Meanwhile, prepare your mix-in ingredients. Feel free to go crazy with the proportions but I stuck to what I have listed, only because I did not want to have too much leftovers in the pantry! Throw everything in a stainless steel bowl and mix them evenly. Once all the chocolate bits have melted, quickly pour it in the bowl of mix-ins and stir until all the ingredients appear to be well coated with chocolate.

Scoop out the mixture into a square baking tin lined with baking paper and sprinkle the chopped pistachios over it. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours before cutting it into bite sized pieces.










As you may notice, I think it is important to ensure that all the ingredients are well coated with the chocolate otherwise it may not stick to each other well. I highly recommend going to Charlesworth if you are looking for a good selection of nuts and fruits to add into your rocky road (the freshness of their products is just amazing!). Would have liked to have more turkish delight aroma throughout the rocky road but this will suffice for the time being.

How was that for a quick and easy to prepare treat?

Enjoy!!

No comments: