Saturday, December 28, 2013

Lee Keung Kee North Point Egg Waffles Hong Kong

Day 2 in Hong Kong begun with a stroll around Nathan Road in Tsim Sha Tsui in search of a famous egg waffle shop. From memory, this delicacy originated from a food hawker, in an attempt to not let his broken eggs go to waste (I did a bit of google-ing to source out the origins it!). And so, we have eggettes. They were not very expensive at all considering that it is meant to be a light snack and not a wholesome meal on it's own.

Although, if you are craving for something a bit more, this tiny shop has a little corner dedicated to selling fishballs in a curry or clear broth. Have not tried it but I reckon more people head here for the eggettes;) Expect a queue for these waffles but it shouldn't take too long unless someone in front of you orders a dozen of them.




My verdict? It is a different type of waffle that is not meant to be filling and it has a pocket of air in every little "egg". Slightly crunchy and slightly soft on some parts. Not something that I would be craving for and considering that it is a bit out of the way for us, I may be too hungry before I get there. On the flipside, heaps of clothing stores nearby for your shopping pleasure. Will have to blog about my completed Hong Kong itinerary once I finish blogging about all it's glorious food:)

No comments: