Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Chocolate @ No.5 Hahndorf

I think it is cruel to walk away from a suburb that I hardly visit without popping by the suburb's most infectious dessert cafe. Yep, after having a big meal at Hahndorf Inn, the gang and I were game enough to drop by N5 because we looooove chocolate and we need our fix:)

I have also been searching high and low for a good waffle shop in Adelaide. So all the more reasons to make a stop!


Macarons ~ I was amazed at how yummy they were. Not dry, very flavourful and chilled, just the way I like it. Very very finger licking good and definitely worth a try if you love them as much as I do.

Hot chocolate ~ call us crazy for ordering this on a hot day but how could we possibly say no? Thank goodness for air conditioning though:)

Iced chocolate ~ oh okok we ordered the iced version as well! Lots of chocolate bits in it and was so refreshing, especially on a hot day!

Waffles with maple syrup ~ I was in heaven at this stage. I could taste the difference between a factory made waffle mix and a made from scratch version in an instance. The waffle was so fluffy, butter and still warm when it arrived at our table. Drizzling it with maple syrup and topping it with a small bit of vanilla ice cream drove my taste buds into a coma. One of the best waffles I have tasted in Adelaide, hands down. I can still taste it despite having this weeks ago. MUST TRY.

On a separate note, they do have a nice selection of chocolates to choose from, some of which have won awards before. So if you're in a bit of rush for time, I would suggest picking up a bag/box of chocolates:)

No comments: