Friday, February 28, 2014

Sandwich 101: Beef sandwich with Greek yoghurt recipe

Of lately, I have been getting into a routine where I dedicate my late Sunday afternoons to prepping lunch for the sister. With time constraints and a possibly fussy eater on hand, I have succumbed to preparing sandwiches but realized shortly after that these lunch items can get repetitive and boring...to the point where it loses it's magic. Do not want that happening and hence, am currently trying to prepare a different type of sandwich each week to jazz things up a little.

First up would be this Greek inspired sandwich treat.

Ingredients:
100g steak, preferably a good one for pan frying
4 tbsps of Greek yoghurt
12g of beetroot slices
12g of cucumber slices
Salt and pepper to taste as well as to season the beef
Your favourite type of bread (this is not the time for raisin toast yet!)

Pan fry the beef on both sides to your liking. I liked mine medium-rare and cooked it for about 3 minutes on each side before letting it rest for a good 15 minutes. Slice it up and place on a slice of bread. Top it up with the yoghurt (a healthy alternative to mayonnaise) and your beetroot and cucumber slices.

Easy done and I found it very fulfilling. Took me less than 5 minutes to assemble it :) Thumbs up for this quickie!






Let me know how your went about if you have tried this recipe out!:)

No comments: