Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fennel Aromatic, North of Adelaide

I am not very adventurous when it comes to Indian food, mostly because I don't know where to go and rely heavily on friends' recommendations. As long as the food is tasty, affordable and does not leave me feeling extremely thirsty afterwards, I am pretty easy going.

I always frequent Indian Temptation on main north road but just last week, was convinced by a friend who loved this little shop which is located just next door to Indian Temptation. Unlike the always crowded and brightly lit Indian Temptation, Fennel Aromatic boosts a much more peaceful setting. My companions did the ordering because I was obviously too clueless to figure out what to have!

Tandoori chicken ~ I was half expecting skinny chicken legs to appear on the table and I was proved wrong. The meat was still moist on the inside whilst the exterior was perfectly grilled with a good marinade. Went well with the accompanying mint yoghurt but I did not need it hehe.


Butter chicken ~ this dish was rich and so delicious that we did not have any problems finishing all the gravy. Not spicy at all and something I would recommend:)

Naan bread ~ can't go wrong with a bit of naan to lap the plates with!

Dhal ~ a vegetarian friendly option that is not spicy at all. It was a little runnier in terms of consistency compared to the other dishes but nevertheless, it was still delicious.

Lamb madras ~ a slightly more spicier option for the chilli lovers out there. Still heavily spiced, had tender meat chunks in the gravy and so naan-licking good!

Overall, I enjoyed my meal here a lot and certainly look forward to another visit soon now that the weather is cooling down heaps. Worth a try and I am sure you won't be disappointed at all.

Fennel Aromatic on Urbanspoon

No comments: