Friday, November 21, 2014

Two Birds One Stone, Toorak MELB

Aside from being labelled as the sweet street (think Luxbite, Zumbo, Ala Folie etc), Toorak is also (in my humble opinion), known as the little European street. Parisian chic, Italian flair and Spanish twists just to name a few.

And of course, one cannot be categorized as a food street without a few quint brunch spots. I am not too keen on googling up on places to eat but I do trust that each restaurant/cafe in Toorak is surviving for a good reason.

We got here at around 10am and this place was already packed full of people. Managed to secure a few seats and placed our orders quickly.

 Eggs Benedict, house smoked ham hock and bearnaise on toast ~ Eggs were poached to perfection and topped with a slightly tangy benedict sauce and a side of shredded ham hock. Not a heavy dish as compared to the ones I have had before and certainly a good start to the morning.

 Sauteed pine mushrooms on brioche with trussed cherry tomatoes, goats cheese cream, roasted almonds and two poached eggs ~ I am obsessed with mushrooms and it was only natural that I chose this over everything else on the menu. Pine mushrooms, king oyster and button mushrooms goes so well with the salty goats cheese cream and the piece of buttery bread soaked in egg yolk was divine. Worth a try if you love mushrooms as mush as I do haha:)


Little did I know that DoughBoyDougnuts have left their mark here. Only three flavours to choose from but wow, they were good. Hopefully I will get to visit their outlet soon:9

Two Birds One Stone on Urbanspoon

No comments: