Friday, December 19, 2014

Cheat's chicken caesar salad recipe

After approximately 3 years of blogging, I think I am slowly reaching a point where I start to question myself on whether it's worthwhile to continue blogging. Sure I love being in the kitchen and doing restaurant/cafe reviews but all these is time consuming and at the moment, I don't know if I have the luxury of time.

There are so many other chores that I have to attend to and so many more things that I want to start learning. God forbid, I would hate to stop being inventive and start plagiarizing other's.

In my search for time, I begun to cut corners on what I prepare in the kitchen. Working full time is not for the weak, that's for sure! I stumbled upon this Jamie Oliver's cheat chicken ceasar salad and honestly, it's super easy to prepare and just as satisfying.

Ingredients:
A loaf of crusty bread, torn into smaller pieces
Anchovies
Greek yoghurt
1 lemon
Roast chicken, shredded
Grated parmesan cheese
Cherry tomatoes
Cos lettuce
2 boiled eggs, quartered
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

1. Spread torn pieces of the bread onto a baking tray and generously drizzle with olive oil. Bake in oven for about 6 minutes at 180C until it is golden brown.
2. Mix about 3/4 cup of greek yoghurt with the juice and zest of 1 lemon. Mix in your minced garlic and about 7 pieces of anchovies (more if you like the taste of it).
3. Place chopped cos lettuce, tomatoes, shredded chicken, eggs and croutons in a mixing bowl, top with the greek yoghurt dressing and season to taste. Give it a good toss and serve.

Super easy and kept me happy at lunch:)






No comments: