Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Taiwan Cafe, Glen Waverley MELB

Can I say how much I love living in Glen Waverley? I am constantly spoilt with food choices and different cuisines be it Malaysian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Australian or Italian. On top of this, each meal is decently priced so you definitely won't be walking out with a slimmer wallet haha.

I have been to Taiwan in early last year and at times, I do reminiscence about all the wonderful food finds that I happily munched my way through. Now, there may not be a shop that is identical to Taiwanese fare in Glen Waverley but you may find something similar.

Taiwan beef noodles ~ for $10.50, this bowl of piping hot beef broth is more than enough for me (and I can be a big eater at night). The serving is generous and as you can see, it is packed full of iron and protein in the form of chunky beef pieces and eggs. Not forgetting a bit of vegetables to balance out the overall meat-y flavours.

The soup had a good beef flavour to it and certainly kept my tummy warm throughout this bitter cold winter.

Bubble tea ~ this is a must-have drink in Taiwan and without much thought, we ordered one for sharing. Not too bad considering that we are not in Taiwan.

Taiwanese XL crispy fried chicken ~ yes, fried chicken is a popular street snack in Taiwan. These chicken pieces are usually given a good dusting of garlic and chilli powder prior to being served. Each piece was well coated and after being deep-friend, I was happy that it was not soaked in oil.

Oyster omelette ~ yet another popular Taiwanese snack that you can easily grab in the night markets around Taiwan. I would have liked a little more seasoning and colour on the omelette but hey, it wasn't too expensive so why not.

Click to add a blog post for Taiwan Cafe on Zomato

No comments: