Friday, March 18, 2016

Europe: Slovenia

Europe. When I hear this word, I think about all the major cities such as London, Paris or Berlin. After stepping foot in the lesser known countries, I surprised myself by how little I knew about these countries and myself.

Slovenia is definitely not one of those must see places for tourists. I would describe it as a skiing paradise or even a retiree's escape rather than a happening destination for those seeking an adventure. However, I found solace in this lesser known retreat, Lake Bled, and realized that I actually like being high up in the mountains despite my obvious fear of heights.






The view from Mount Vogel was simply stunning and one that I will remember for a long time.  Lake Bohinj was equally stunning, especially with Mount Vogel as it's backdrop image. Most of our time was spent in the Park Hotel and we were fortunate enough to be able to sleep with an amazing view of the island church.

Buffet breakfast ~ something I became accustomed to, noting that I am not a morning person at all! All things healthy to kickstart the morning:)

Not to mention Lake Bled's famous cream cake which is similar to Australia's vanilla slice but probably not as rich.

Find out more about this place here my travelling diary:)

No comments: