Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hofbrauhaus, MELB CBD

Having travelled and staying in Europe for around two months, I have learnt so much about the countries that I have visited be it culturally or historically. Whilst I would love the opportunity to actually live and work there, for now, I will have to settle for what European experience Melbourne has to offer until my next trip there.

One of the countries that I fell heads over heels with was Germany. Perhaps due to their down to earth practical characteristics or their impressive workmanship or perhaps, their bar culture. A meeting point for locals which also doubles up as venues for celebrating or experiencing good local fare.

We got here before the dinner crowd settles in and managed to secure seats for ourselves. I'd imagine this place can get pretty busy on Fridays and weekends so do make reservations to avoid disappointments. Service is relatively efficient and menu wise, it's a meat lover's paradise.




Schweinshax'n ~ pickled roasted pork knuckle on a bed of sauerkraut with potato dumpling, mashed potato, potato salad, house made jus and German mustard. A plate big enough for two individuals and lots of tender, juicy pork meat to share. 

Wiener schnitzel ~ served with potato salad, lemon and garlic-herb mayonnaise. Having tried a Viennese schnitzel in Vienna before, I found this to have a very strong pork scent compared to the one I had in Europe. Still delicious nonetheless and again, probably enough to be shared among two individuals.

I would strongly suggest ordering a couple of plates of food and sharing it around the table if you would like to sample more from the menu. And while you're at it, I would suggest having a jug of refreshing, cool beer too:)

Hofbräuhaus Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: