Monday, March 28, 2016

Trei Cafe, Glen Waverley MELB

Just a short walk away from my apartment lies a little cafe that serves food tailored for the calorie conscious among us. Whilst it is difficult to avoid eating out, we can always make better choices on what we choose to put into our tummies.

Trei's menu has a good blend of healthy and unhealthy options to select from and service is fairly efficient. Only downside is the cafe is not designed to accommodate numerous customers so be warned, patience has to be a virtue.

Matcha green tea latte ~ was a little disappointed that this turned out to be verging on the powdery spectrum as opposed to a smooth, well whisked drink. Matcha flavour is present but perhaps only just.

Iced chocolate ~ a little more chocolate mixed into it would have made a big difference.

Sweet potato fries with avocado salsa and lime ~ I am secretly a big fan of anything to do with potatoes although it's probably not one of the healthiest types of carbohydrates out there. Replacing a bowl of potato fries with a sweet potato version is a brilliant idea and to top it off with a good dose of healthy avocado fats, surely this counts as a healthy snack. Fries were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside - I could easily finish this off myself if my friend was not looking;)

Trei big brekky ~ poached eggs with bacon, mushrooms, spinach, haloumi and avocado.

Banoffie french toast with dulce de leche, banana, creme patisserie and cookie crumbs. This is why I have to stick to a moderately intense exercise routine or else I won't be able to have my cake and eat it too. I liked how fresh each individual ingredient is on the plate and how well they complimented each other.

Trei Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: