Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Gontran Cherrier Boulangerie, Collingwood MELB

No word can describe how excited I was when I found out that Melbourne will have its own Gontran Cherrier Boulangerie. I am a big fan of baked goods be it in the form of a cake, bread or pastry - basically inseparable from flour and butter!

We arrived one day after the shop opened its doors to the public. Waited for 10 minutes for a table and service was efficient which saw food sailing to our tables in 10-15 minutes. On the flipside, there is a takeaway counter to quickly grab anything that tickles your fancy.


Kouign amann ~ spiral and covered by a thin layer of caramelization from the sugar, this little one truly has an intense butter taste to it and can be enjoyed both warm or cool. One of my favourites!

Bread and pastry basket ~ sourdough, wholemeal and brioche come together in this basket that has a serve of butter with it. Bread is freshly baked and still fluffy to taste.


Croque monsieur with ham, gruyere bechamel and dijon mustard ~ bread was good but would have liked a little more bechamel in my croque monsieur because I like mine extra cheesy:)

Croissant with ham ~ having tried croissant from a couple of famous Melbourne based bakers, Gontran's version may not be as buttery but it is indeed consistently flaky. I am guessing that Gontran is more so a baker (hence boulangerie) than a viennoserie (pastry expect) and so, his version is a crossbred between bread and a buttery croissant? What do you think?

Delicious baked items and love the fact that there is an option to dine it so that I can have my fix there and then, thank you:)
Gontran Cherrier Boulangerie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: