Saturday, July 30, 2016

Europe: Around Bordeaux, FRANCE

One of my travelling regrets would be to not spend enough time exploring a place before I move on to other areas. I would love to retell amazing stories filled of myself being joyfully intoxicated by one of Bordeaux's wine. However, we only arrived late in the evening which meant that just about every place was getting ready to shut their doors:(

So no wine tasting for us. I was hopeful that we would be able to just make it in time to pop into Baillardran , a franchise known for caneles aka petite pastries that have a custard/sponge texture, encrusted by a caramelized exterior. Ah perhaps we shall meet again, Bordeaux.







Boeuf - we headed to Bistro Regent and decided on a pretty basic set meal which had your choice of protein, a serve of salad and a bowl of french fries. No caneles for me but I did tick off another curious item which was beef tartare. This is raw beef, freshly prepared prior to serving and comes with limited seasoning aside from a few added capers. Not bad at all!





No comments: