Thursday, July 14, 2016

Oasis bakery, Murrumbeena MELB

Would you believe the first time I went to this place was not to eat but instead, for a job interview? Nervous and slightly croaky me had butterflies in my tummy which meant that I was not hungry at all. I was amazed, albeit focusing full concentration on the interviewer, at how busy the place was and the fact that it has a grocery shop attached to it.

Fast forward time, I decided to revisit this place again to satisfy my curiousity and tummy. Needless to say, it was extremely busy when we arrived for lunch on Sunday. Order your food at the front counter, take a seat and wait for the buzzer to beep.

Truffled eggs with mushrooms, balsamic glaze, romesco sauce on sourdough toast ~ delicious, creamy scrambled eggs that had a hint of truffle aroma.

Shawarma and salad ~ Choose from either chicken, beef or lamb meat with your choice of salad from the front counter. I went for the kale salad but if kale is not your thing, they did have broccoli, curried cauliflower and quinoa salad as well.

This could possibly be one of the best middle eastern plate of food I have tucked into. The meat was juicy, nicely charred and has a pleasant aroma of spices infused whilst the salad was one of the best dressed ones I had. If I knew it would be this good, I would have gotten takeaways for the salad for my weekday meals.

The plate also came with a pita bread and a serve of hummus which complimented the meat and salad really well. Highly recommended!


Chai ~ I love chai and this one came served in a chai pot, a strainer and a serve of honey. Not too bad although verging on the milky side for me.

Salted caramel scroll ~ I am not a big fan of salted caramel, much to the disbelief of my fellow friends, but found this little number not too sweet to my liking. At this point, I am a big fan of how generous the cafe is with their servings - definitely not skimping on that dollop of salted caramel.


Doughboys donut with matcha popcorn ~ fluffy donut oozing with raspberry goodness.

Baklava and turkish delight ~ The turkish delight was much softer that commercially made versions and I liked how the rose aroma is not too strong. The baklava on the right was a toned down/healthy-fied version of the one on the left but really. both of them are equally delicious.

My suggestion would be to bring a group of friends here so that you can sample just about everything they have at the sweet treat counter. You will not be disappointed.

  Oasis Bakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: