Sunday, October 9, 2016

Pidapipo & Doughnut Time, MELB

This week, I have managed to commit to my exercise routine which includes a mix of martial art-ish cardio, treadmill runs and weight lifting - one activity a day with about 30 minutes spent on it. No washboard abs or toned arms yet as my errr eating habits tend to let me down when I am stressed out.

To celebrate an awesome achievement, I have decided to go out and indulge in some treats which lead me to Pidapipo for freshly made gelati. Had the strawberry cream and rose flavoured gelati which was refreshing, smooth textured and subtly sweet.

Would have liked to try other flavours but perhaps when the weather gets a lot more warmer. Today's strong wind made it all the more difficult to enjoy my little cup of gelato by blowing pollen and tree bits into my face D:


Pidapipó Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
The final treat for the day was a doughnut that I have been eyeing on for months since it started operating in Topshop. It is hard to miss Doughnut Time's baby turquoise coloured van that is brightly lit by light bulbs surrounding a tempting display of doughnuts.

Flavours tend to change quite often but I am sure favourite flavours will be recycled. My first doughnut was the Ferrero roche version. A fluffy doughnut glazed with a thin layer of milk chocolate, topped with chocolate flakes, hazelnut bits and a ferrero roche. Not too bad if you don't mind the sweetness.

Wouldn't say it's one of the best doughnuts that I have had (trust me, I have been doughnut seeking since my younger days) but kudos to coming up with yummy and interesting flavour combinations, a feat that requires a lot of thought!



Doughnut Time Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: