Saturday, November 12, 2016

Chong Qing Hot Pot, Glen Waverley MELB

Call me crazy for heading here when I should be safely bundled up in my blanket during a heavy Melbourne downpour. I have been quite a famished eater lately and the thought of having a good feed to warm myself up seemed too appealing to forgo.

Service is decent and probably a little better as compared to other Chinese restaurants. Diners get the option of having ala carte or having a hot pot meal - ala carte for me that day as I am not a hot pot person.

Brinjal - I feared this may be unnecessarily drenched in oil and although it was well coated in it, it was not as bad I had initially thought. A little spicy and sweet at the same time, brinjal pieces had been given a quite deep fry treatment to prevent them from getting soggy.

Fish fillets in chilli oil - Abundant of fish fillets swimming in this bowl of Szechuan pepper infused oil bath. Has a good kick of chilli and is quite well priced for the amount of fish that you get. Highly recommended for the hungry consumer out there:)

Chong Qing Hot Pot Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: