Monday, April 10, 2017

Amba, South Yarra MELB

I was invited to visit Amba for lunch and despite the less than desirable weather, I found it somewhat comforting to be under the shelter with probably one of the most amusing characters I have met thus far.

Being a soft spoken individual that I am, I seek solace in cafes that enable me to carry out conversations without needing to raise my voice too much. Kai and his team were quite attentive towards us and made us feel very much at home in our little corner. Having a bouquet of freshly plucked pink lilies nearby was bonus too.

Hot chocolate and latte -

Linguine with seafood and seared salmon - Portion size was decent and this would be the dish any seafood lover can consider ordering. I liked how the thin slices of parmesan provided a pleasant sharpness to the overall dish and was light enough to enjoy without worrying about it being too moreish for lunch.


Soft shell crab salad - I actually liked how fresh this was on the palate which boiled down to having crisp slices of green apples, lettuce, juicy cherry tomatoes and thin slices of sweet onion. Would have liked a bit more soft shell crab pieces on the dish but aside from that, no qualms whatsoever.

This review would not have been made possible without the generous invitation from Amba's management.

AMBA Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: