Thursday, May 11, 2017

Indochine, Box Hill MELB

Box Hill would not cross my mind when I think of Vietnamese food. Due to my hectic work schedule coupled by the need to hit the gym as much as possible, dinner time is usually a bit later for me and so, very rarely do I get the opportunity to head to Springvale for good Vietnamese food.

Vaguely remembering a decent Vietnamese restaurant visit in Box Hill with a few friends last year, I suggested this place to WL and now, it seems to be one of my favourite places to go, much to his displease :p

Quail, marinated in five spice and fried - not bad although a little steep in price.

Spring rolls - so many different types to choose from and after much contemplating, we opted for Hanoi, a pork, prawn and mushroom deep fried version. Delicious but can be a bit messy to eat, that is, if you want to enjoy it the traditional way by somehow juggling all the ingredients on a thin, crisp piece of lettuce leaf.

Pad Thai - truthfully, one of the better versions I have tried in Melbourne. Each strand of noodle was well coated with the tamarind sauce and given a good dose of peanuts and beansprouts. Would happily reorder this on my next visit.

Beef pho - a standard bowl of noodles and as a general rule of thumb, always better value at Springvale but for convenience and ambience, it's a decent feed.

  Indochine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: