Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Left-Handed Chef, South Melbourne MELB

The sister and I headed to South Melbourne market last weekend to grab a few items that we deem necessary in the lead up for our Christmas celebration at home. Nothing extravagant lined up for this year aside from a few blocks of cheese and wine on day 1 and a hearty feast loaded with meat on boxing day.

This year has truly flew by almost too quickly and needless to say, I am pretty happy with what I have achieved this year; being more involved in physical activities, venturing into newer opportunities and picking up new hobbies. Also not forgetting new faces I have met this year and the presence of old friends.

Moving forth, I have finally summed enough courage to drive around the city area and rewarded myself with a good brunch with the sister post-marketing. The shop isn't big but there's a sense of calmness upon entry and from my observations, it appears that most of the patrons are regulars.

Coffee - I needed a wake-me-up in the form of caffeine else I would have opted for chai latte. Coffee did not let me down at all, literally.

Eggs benedict - the sister dived straight into her favourite brunch option. Both of us loved the freshness and texture of the English muffin used to cushion the weight of the pulled pork and poached egg. It was without a doubt one of the better ones we have tasted and was a stand out even by itself. Pulled pork was very flavourful, tender and satisfying.

The piggy - I am a sucker for waffles and this one was filled with cheesy goodness and topped with a really tasty piece of thick cut bacon, chill scrambled eggs and avocado and goat's curd. Another delicious combination that I wouldn't mind having seconds of.

The saltiness from the bacon and goat's curd was balanced out by the subtle flavours from the eggs and avocado. Waffle gave the overall dish a pleasant crunch factor and indirectly, a bit of assistance for scooping up the soft eggs and avocado mix.


The Left-Handed Chef Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: