Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Brioche By Philip, CBD MELB

Prior to working in the city, I have always wanted to explore all the little eateries that are only operating on weekdays but the opportunity never did appear. Having worked in the city for a good 6 months now, I still have yet to visit all these eateries and often times, put the idea off due to distance.

I stumbled upon Brioche by Philip, a bakery/cafe on my list, as I was racing to my first aid course seminar. Made a mental note to pop back after the course finishes and despite running late to work, I still managed to squeeze a quick visit here.

No coffee takeaways but I did get bronut takeaways, a term loosely coined from the marriage between a brioche and donut.

Matcha bronut - unlike the donut's light, fluffy texture, this one was a denser from the incorporation of more (?) butter into the dough. Yes, it did pack a good punch of matcha and would have liked just a little bit more filling evenly spread across the bronut.

Lamington bronut - a take on an Aussie favourite, incorporating the usual jam, coconut and chocolate mix. A generous amount of jam pipped into this fella and it was rather pleasing to see it slowly ooze out with each bite.


My verdict? Have to try the coffee in my next visit and perhaps, bring along reading material. I have this newfound hobby of immersing myself in a coffee shop with my work which is slowly turning into a regular habit on my days off.

Brioche By Philip Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments: